Friday, September 2, 2011

Feeling Like Jonah

Have you ever felt like Jonah? You know what God wants you to do but you don't feel like doing it, it feels inconvenient and hard and all you want to do is stay in bed and at ease. However, having the experience of Jonah given to us in Scripture we know the consequences for not doing what you know God wants us to do and we grudgingly get out of bed to face God's will. Yet in our hearts we are still rebelling though outwardly complaint, at the same time we we are missing out on the joy of doing the will of our Creator, Redeemer, and King. This is exactly where I was this morning not wanting to move out of the comfort of bed to face the will of God by going to school. I could make all sorts of excuses and within my mind and heart I did, even to the point of I don't feel well. Then I arrived in at school and my first class where God in his divine omniscient used that very class to strike my heart and convict me of my horrible attitude. Yes school my be challenging and at time down right insanely hard but I can still and should have joy even in the difficulty.  So when we start to feel like Jonah remember the lesson of Jonah, that true joy only comes in willingly obeying the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment