Friday, October 21, 2011

Who is your God

Who is your God? Is He in complete control? Scripture tells us that God's will (sovereign will) will cannot be changed, that it will be completely fulfilled (Daniel 4:35). So if God's will will be done and that He is in full control. Does this challenge our attitudes and our worry warts? If God is in control why do we worry and why do we "woe is me"? Is God not in control and His will will be done no matter what.
    This is something that I had in class a week or so ago and some other circumstances have challenged this in my life. But every time I want to worry or I want to complain to my mind the truth is recalled about who God is. So if you are worrying or you are having the woe is me attitude who is your God. Is He in control and will His will be accomplished. Or, is your god weak and inept? Is your god of your own designs?

3 comments:

  1. I love you my wonderful husband! Thanks for your constant reminders not to worry... you are a God-given gift and a great spiritual leader to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly needed to read this today. Thanks for reminding me of a truth that I know but constantly have to remember. I am thankful that I can and do learn from my children.

    ReplyDelete