Monday, February 14, 2011

Adore

I am sitting here on this Valentine's day studying for a test and listening to the Soundtrack to the movie Sheffey put out by Bob Jone University. One of the Songs is an adaptation of Brethren We Have Met to Worship. In the words of the song it states that we (as brethren in Christ) have met together to Adore the Lord our God. Today is the commercially agreed upon day to show love, whether purely superficially in order to satisfy lust or to truly show love (self-sacrificing). In terms of love we often use the word "Adore" to speak of our devotion and our attributing worth to someone. I can say I "Adore" my wife and though there are times that it is not as well evidenced I can truly say that I place her on the so called "pedastool" and devotedly attribute worth to her. But the question stemming from the song on this proclaimed day of "love" is when was the last time you did such a thing, devotedly attributing worth to God? Can your worship either corporate or personal be described as Adoring God or is it dead, or maybe it is superficial to satisfy your "I am all right" meter? When have you last Adored God. The challenge take some time away from every one and everything else and get alone with God through prayer and reading His word. Just as it takes time to "Adore" the special someone and have a relationship with them so to does it take time to do the same with God.


Additionally posted at: www.faithbaptistreidville.org

1 comment:

  1. I adore you my husband and appreciate your leadership in teaching me how to better adore our God. I love you!

    ReplyDelete